Apparently, there's no such thing as a bad meal in Brooklyn. Or at least that's the way it seemed while traveling with my sister. I always trust my sister's recommendations for food — she hasn't lived in Brooklyn even a year yet and already has the local spots down.
The photo above is the only snapshot I took of our food during our New York trip. I didn't want to be that girl taking photos of everything I ate. Although looking back, I kind of regret that decision because I really want to remember each amazing dish we ordered.
Even if I can't remember each specific meal, here's a breakdown of all the restaurants we tried during our fall trip to Brooklyn:
- Lulu & Po - Our first night in Brooklyn was spent in this tucked away restaurant that serves tasty small plates and wonderful wine.
- BKLYN Larder - We stopped here for a quick bite before heading to the Brooklyn Museum. They're known for their hand-crafted cheese and hard-to-find grocery items.
- Hoja Santa - This place knows how to make one mean margarita. Loved the skull and Dia de los Muertos inspired decor.
- Walter's - Bustling with energy and amazing aromas, dining here was our big Saturday night plans. We loved everything we ordered but surprisingly, all agreed that the Caesar salad was the best.
- Iris Café - The picture above is from our lunch at this cute café in Brooklyn Heights.